Sunday 8 November 2015

Sweater Weather Tag

Hello again! Apologies for not uploading last week! I'm back now!!
I am honestly so excited about this blog post, personally I love Tags wether that be watching Youtube videos or reading blog posts! Technically no one has actually tagged me to do this however I was just drifting through the wonder that is the internet and stumbled up on Daisy Chains In The Rain who had done this particular tag and I just couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon. After all I absolutely love Autumn/Winter, it has to be my favourite time of the year! I'm probably a little late in uploading as it's nearer Winter now but whatever. So here goes...

1. Favourite Scent? - It has to be something that just makes you feel all warm and cosy, and something that reminds you of autumn. Probably something cinnamon.




2. Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate? - Coffee can be eliminated immediately as I don't like it (please don't judge) tea is actually my all time favourite drink at any time of year and I couldn't tell you specifically how many cups I have in a day (couldn't or wouldn't.) But theres just something about hot chocolate that makes you feel all warm inside, and from mid September to late January I'll usually have a big mug before bed.
3. What's the best Fall/Autumn memory you have? - I don't really have a specific fall memory but I have lots of photos of me kicking about in the leaves as a toddler so we'll just go with that.
4. Which makeup trend do you prefer; dark lips or winged liner? - I'm actually a huge fan of both but personally I'm more partial to dark lips. It might be something to do with the fact I can't do winged liner to save myself, also winged eyeliner seems acceptable throughout the year whereas dark lips: not so much.
5. Best Fragrance for Fall/Autumn? - I'm not really a massive fragrance wearer but one scent I wore fairly often around this time last year was The Body Shop; Frosted Cranberry.
6. Favourite Thanksgiving/Fall food? - Here in the UK we don't actually celebrate Thanksgiving (kind of wish we did) so my favourite fall food would probably be mince and tatties (made by Mum obvs.)
7. What is Autumn weather like where you live? - I live in Scotland so it's as charming as ever. Very cold, quite windy and very very wet. It's almost the same as the rest of the year, (summer was pretty much non existent this year especially, overall we maybe had a week of summer weather.)
8. Most Worn Sweater? - 11/12 year old me would this question. At that age I almost lived in sweaters and leggings. I've actually just recently ordered a bunch of stylish new jumpers and I'm currently awaiting their arrival so I'll have to get back to you on this one.
9. Must have nail polish this Fall/Autumn? - I rarely paint my nails these days, I normally use gel polish and we have just bought a machine so we can do it ourself so I haven't got any particular nail polish but either something nude or grey or coffee coloured or a deep berry/red shade. I'm so indecisive.
10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles? - I have zero interest in football so definitely jumping in leaf piles.
11. Is Pumpkin Spice worth the hype? - Ok don't shoot me on this one but I actually haven't ever tried a PSL. I don't like coffee so I don't see the point but I may give it a try this year.
12. Favourite Fall/Autumn TV Show? - So long as you are cozied under a trillion blankets with a hot drink of your choice and have autumn candles burning does it really matter? Probably something like The Vampire Diaries or Pretty Little Liars because of the dark, mysteriousness of it all. Although at the moment I'm actually hooked on Once Up On A Time.
13. What song really gets you into the Fall/Autumn spirit? - I feel like I'm going to be really typical here and say Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood but other than that it would have to be Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran. Or you could always stick an Autumn playlist on Spotify.
14. Halloween Yay or Nay? - It's a Yay from me! America seems to go all out for Halloween and its not really the same in the UK. I feel like I celebrated it much more when I was younger but whatever I still love the whole idea of getting dressed up and what not.
15. Fall mornings or evenings? - This is a no brainer like evenings duh! No one likes mornings at any time of the year, although I'll admit something does kind of appeal about the idea of a foggy morning walk in the crisp cold air, with the leaves crunching beneath your feet. But considering that's more of a dream than the reality of getting soaked and frozen alive on your walk to school/work I'm definitely sticking with evenings. There's nothing quite like the feeling of coming into the warmth from the cold and knowing you won't have to go out again (until the morning at least.) Having a nice warm bath then getting cosy under blankets with a warm mug of your favourite drink, fall candles burning around you whilst you binge watch a TV show on Netflix.





This post has been one very long ramble but if you've stuck with it, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you with a new post next week!

Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment