Wednesday 2 December 2015

How I Decorate My Room for Christmas?

Hi everyone! So we're now in December which means Christmas is fast approaching and this is my first Blogmas post; how exciting!! This is a little different from what I would usually post but I just wanted to share how I decorate my bedroom at this time of year. As the month goes on I'll try and add more decorations but for now this is it!

The first and probably easiest way to jazz your room up a little bit is a seasonal duvet set, I actually have two but this is one you could probably start using throughout November. It's from Primark and was only £13 but I'm so happy with how it looks!



The second thing which is also fairly cheap if you know where to look is candles! You can't really go wrong with candles, they make your room feel so cosy and smell amazing! I love my Yankee Candles but these two were £1 each from Primark (starting to see a bit of a theme going on here.) 

This next candle is also from Primark, and was around £1.50 I think. It's actually a tea light holder but it's super christmassy and adorable. 



Now for some festive cushions and throws! I got these three cushions in Asda last year and I don't remember the prices but I'm sure they were under £10 each which is great! I think they look really cute and just add a little character to any room. 


The throw is from Primark (again, what a suprise!) Primark have a decent selection of throws with a few festive ones, the prices range between £5-£15 which is amazing value. They look great draped on your bed like this one is just now but it won't be there for too long, they are super soft and cosy. Is it acceptable to live in one of these twenty four seven? 

My last essential for my room is lights, and a lot of them! I love fairy lights, I have so many sets of them and love arranging them in different ways. 


This is a good old fashioned lava lamp (tbt anyone?) Perhaps not the most festive light addition but it adds a bit of colourful light and some sparkle.

I bought this lantern in Ikea last year for just £3 and I love the cut out star details at the top, the fairy lights are also from Ikea.


 Once again we have some more fairy lights. There are actually two sets in this Tesco jar but I think it looks very pretty; almost like fireflies.


Here we have another Ikea product, again with fairy lights. This is just a white lantern/pot, but the cut out details are gorgeous, the photo really doesn't do it any justice but if it's near a wall in the dark, then the wall is lit up with same pattern and it looks very pretty.

Who said fairy lights were just for the christmas tree?


So thats it for today but I hope you enjoyed this post. Maybe this will give someone inspiration for decorating their room in December. Let me know how you like to decorate you're room at this time of year? I'll see you with another new post on Monday.

Soph x



No comments:

Post a Comment